Saturday, March 9, 2013

Saturday Shenanigans!

Happy Saturday! I've had quite the day so far, it's really made me think about how important it is to cherish every day! I started off my busy day with a trip to School Tools...aka "Kelsey's Paycheck Muncher." I only purchased some bulletin board border and paper today though...proud of myself for not turning into a wild woman and buying everything!

ANYWAYS, on the way home, there was an INSANE amount of traffic. I can't lie...I started to get extremely impatient. I needed to get to school and do some work! However, as the traffic crept forward, I realized what the hold-up was - there was a HORRIBLE car accident being cleaned up. One car was entirely scrunched into an awful, unfamiliar shape. I was absolutely heartbroken and said a prayer as I drove by. As I drove towards school, I thought about how wonderful life is, and how easily it can be gone/changed in a matter of seconds. It's so important to live purposefully, let people know you love them, and remain cognizant of all the important things around us! 

Since I know no one on this Earth wants to read more of my philosophizing, let me show you my Saturday project :)

My revamped Word Wall!

Y'all, I have to be honest and admit that my Word Wall was the most depressing-looking thing in humanity prior to about 2:30 p.m. today. I wasn't keeping up with it, and it wasn't serving my children in helping them retain their important vocabulary words. Part of the issue was that I was tired of cutting my own word cards...lazy, I know. Once I ordered a humongous number of tiny cards and clear labels, though,  I knew my Word Wall makeover could commence! A couple of hours and 267 small labeled cards (I COUNTED!) later, my Word Wall is complete! I am so proud of it! I think I will be able to do a much better job at keeping up with it!

I hope you have a lovely weekend! 

<3Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment