Monday, March 4, 2013

Hello!

Finally... my very first post! Welcome to my blog! I'm so excited to share my thoughts and ideas on this blog with other teachers! I can't wait to connect with a huge community of educators!

Where to begin? Well, for starters...I am a first-year teacher working in North Carolina. I am currently working with a FABULOUS group of third graders! I have a garden theme in my classroom, and I try to inject it into everything...sometimes it works, and sometimes it's a bit cheesy. I don't mind! :) 

I consider myself to be a very creative person, and I love to make all sorts of things for my classroom! (P.S., my room is also known as "the patch.") I also try to keep myself somewhat presentable for work (and with waking up at 5:20 in the morning...that can be difficult), so I might post about new nail polishes, hair tools, or any other goodies I come across! I figure that if I find something that cuts time and makes me feel better, it might work for you too! :)

I'm going to cut this introduction off for now. Once I really get rocking and rolling on here, you'll soon understand who I am and what I do, both as a passionate educator and as a silly young 22-year-old! I am so happy and excited to begin blogging, and I hope you'll read along and interact with me during all of my ramblings, tips, ideas, and adventures/misadventures! Have the BEST day!

<3 Kelsey

4 comments:

  1. I just started my blog about two months ago - Welcome! This is my fourth year teaching third grade, but have been teaching for thirteen years. Don't you love third grade? This page looks fun and I love that it fits your theme. You should add the Google Friends gadget so we can follow you in others ways besides email. Good luck! I've got it on my blog - http://thirdgradegalore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeanette! I absolutely LOVE third grade - my kids are hitting a great maturity level, and they still want hugs and crave approval! A perfect combination, in my opinion. :) I've added my Google Friend Connect button!

      Delete
  2. Kelsey, I am so happy to find a blog of a new teacher like myself! I am a 3rd grade teacher also - it's my 2nd year. I think I'll definitely be able to relate to your posts as a new, very young (according to the parents of my kiddos) 3rd grade teacher! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog through I {heart} recess... what fun to find another first year teacher! Looking forward to all of the stories you share!

    Christy
    Teaching In Oz

    ReplyDelete