Sunday, September 14, 2014

Tardy to the Party...aka My Classroom Reveal!

"I'll be sharing photos of my classroom this weekend!" I ACTUALLY meant to say..."I'll be sharing photos of my classroom NEXT MONTH!" Bah! The past few weeks have been CRAZY busy/SUPER enjoyable! I have such a sweet class this year! Anyways, here are some pictures of my classroom! These are all from Back to School Night...


My classroom! It's nice and spacious! 


Behavior chart! It only has one sad little nameless magnet on it in this picture, but it really holds all 22 of my student magnets. My students start their day on green and move up (or down...womp.)


My Essential Questions bulletin board! This picture doesn't do it justice...it is just so flippin' cute! An amazingly creative teacher made these question cards for us last year. It's super easy to switch the different questions out using the clothespins! You're going to notice pretty soon that there are a lot of clothespins all around my classroom...I just love them! Fun and useful! 


My Focus Wall! I don't know if I've ever mentioned this on here, but I REALLY don't like printing stuff. It just irritates me. Most of the teachers at my school print out all of their information for their literacy focus walls and pin it up somewhere. That's all fine and dandy...but NOT for your girl (I am pointing at myself right now). I had to figure out a way to get out of printing stuff...then, during one fateful Target trip, I found small dry-erase boards, fancy tape, and the rest was history! 


No name paper holder...I think its purpose is pretty obvious. :)


If you look in the background of my main classroom picture, you can see many little green things stuck to my big closets. Let me introduce you to my student work holders! They are the easiest things in the world to make! I just cut down cardstock into smaller pieces, hot glued pre-printed clothespins onto each one, smacked on pretty label stickers, and wrote down my students' names! Voila!

I hope you enjoyed checking out my classroom pictures! I hope y'all have an amazing week!  

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Where do you find pre-printed clothespins? I'm currently struggling with displaying student work and love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the clothespins at Michaels! I'm so happy with my little holders, you should totally try them out! :)

    ReplyDelete